Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Quilting Winter Oaks

Since I was still in quilting mode and had some time today, I decided to get started with the quilting on this Winter Oaks piece that has been on the design wall since last summer.


The painted tyvec leaves like the one I'm stitching above were already stitched to the quilt top.  I am going over the previous stitching (through all the layers) with a different color that shows up better.  Some of the leaves are photo transfer, done with Transfer Artist Paper by Leslie Riley, and some are done with discharge medium through a thermofax screen.  These are supposed to be "ghost" leaves, the ones that are most decayed and are less visible except for the stitching that outlines them.


More to come later.  I'll be away for a week so will get back to this project when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment