Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Photo Quilt

I am visiting my mother and thought I would share this photo quilt I made 16 years ago for her 75th birthday, which hangs in her living room. Photo transfer printable sheets had not been developed yet, in fact, this was before I was proficient with computers, so it was a completely hand done, very time-consuming process.  Each photo was copied on a color copy machine as a mirror image so the transferred image would be the same as the original. There was a transfer medium, I think it was called "Picture This", which was brushed onto the photo, and then placed face down on the fabric and allowed to dry. That probably took about 24 hours. After that, they were soaked in warm water and the paper rubbed off, leaving the transferred image on the fabric. It was a lengthy process and there are lots of pictures! I'm so glad it can now be done digitally!

No comments:

Post a Comment