Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Found Objects

Being a long-time seamstress (both home and work), my mother has a basement full of "stuff". She worked in factories, and when the last one closed, she brought home lots of materials they wanted to dispose of. I was going through some of it today and came across a box -I knew this wasn't factory stuff. It was assorted crochet cottons and bits of crocheted laces and started doilies, things I assumed my mom had done. However when I asked her about it, turns out it was my grandmother's. 
This is the pile of crocheted items. The colored pieces are little 3D pansies. Cute!
Above are a variety of crochet and perle cottons. Some are labeled "silkasheen". I especially like the rounded shape of the wooden spools.  It's a little hard to see in the picture, but they all bulge out in the middle.

Maybe some of these goodies will find their way into some of my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment