I made these 2 pillows for my daughter who recently moved to an apartment. The blue & green segments with screen printing are hand dyes and the screen is of money plant, made from a photo I took when the plant was going to seed. The other fabrics are commercial prints. I did the printing and put the tops together at "quilt camp", and did the quilting and fnishing at home.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Earlier this month I spent 2 weeks with a friend at her lake house where we have a "quilt camp" retreat - a chance to try various surface design and dyeing techniques. We have been collecting rusty bits for a couple of years and used them to rust fabric. Here are 2 of my rusted pieces and some of the rusty objects we used. The piece in the top picture has some additional texture added with gelatin plate printing.