Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Goodies

It was a good holiday, time spent with family and friends.  We are still eating the leftovers!

I received a few books from my wish list, and also some items I selected for myself from my favorite quilt shop, Quilting Adventures, in Richmond, VA.  For 10 days before Christmas, they offered a series of "Stuff My Stocking" specials - different items available at special prices each day.  You chose only the items you wanted.  At the end of the 10 days your selections were available to be picked up or shipped.
The books in the picture were gifts. The Shibori book was recommended by the instructor of the dyeing class I took last fall.  I can't resist a good book, especially one of technique, and the Joen Wolfram book is just that.  Being of PA Dutch descent,the book of designs seemed like it could be inspirational.  My stocking treats included a pair of Gingher scissors, binding clips in 2 sizes, a bundle of fat quarters, and a magnetic pin cushion.  I'm ready to put them all to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment