Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Screen Printed Mini Quilts

On January 3 I posted some photos of screen printed mini quilts for an upcoming VCQ class I'll be co-teaching with my friend Elizabeth - you can see some samples on her blog as well at Blog About with Elizabeth (http://blogaboutwithelizabeth.wordpress.com/).  I'm working on adding some hand embellishment to one of the pieces and thought I'd share an updated photo of work in progress.


Hopefully the differences are visible, in spite of the different lighting in the 2 pictures.  (Click on the pictures for a full size image.)  I'm using pearle cotton to add the "ricing" in the background of the screen print.  Its a variegated thread that I think helps pull in the colors of the border fabric.  I had to do a bit before deciding if I liked it or not, but I'm happy with the way it looks.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment