Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

New Blogger

This is my first blog and first entry!  I've started this blog to share my adventures in .... as the title says, thread, fiber, fabric and paint.  I'm a quilter who has evolved from making traditional quilts to exploring surface design and art quilts.  I have fallen in love with thermofax screen printing, but also enjoy dyeing, gelatin printing, discharge, stenciling, paint stiks, rubber stamping, embellishments and trying other new techniques.  More than anything, I simply enjoy "making things" and can get lost in the process, but do usually see things through to the finished product.  (Not that I don't have my share of UFOs!)  Here's a photo of a recently finished project that was a "bag challenge".  A group of us exchanged bags of fabric, thread, and fiber and had to use 5 of the items in a small fat-quarter size quilt.  I created my piece primarily with screen printing; most of the screens were made from photos I took.  It is machine quilted and embellished with eyelash fiber.  This is "Nature Walk".

No comments:

Post a Comment