Previously in some August and September posts I shared some screen prints that I was making into wall art. As shown before, these are some of the prints I started with.
I have now finished the 4th piece in this group. (I know, slow progress. I have been working on some other things, but several of the projects I've done this year have been for exhibits and can't be shared. So while it may seem like I haven't been doing much, I continue to work on these "secret" projects.)
The piece at the bottom right is the one I have just completed. I really like the look of the "stitch print" fabric as background - it really goes well with the simplicity of the prints. The fabric is stretched over a 9x12 canvas and stapled to the wood frame. The prints are layered with batting (no backing) and thread sketched around the image, then the edges are satin stitched. The size of the print fabric was trimmed so it would fit inside the wood frame of the canvas, in order to be able to hand stitch the print to the background/canvas. The hand stitching is done with #5 perle cotton and a running stitch. I have a few more covered canvases ready and waiting for prints to be stitched on, as soon as I do the machine work.