Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Cravings"

I've been part of a postcard swap group for several years.  Our group keeps dwindling but we are still at it, twice a year. Our most recent exchange was due May 31, and not all have posted, but thought I'd share mine and the ones I have received.

 As noted in the title our theme was Cravings.  I couldn't get past the first thing that came to mind, which was, of course, chocolate!  I found a piece of fabric that reminded me of dark, rick chocolate, and made a thermofax screen of the words "dark chocolate".  I used a discharge paste to print the screen in the center of each 4 x 6 rectangle and after fusing to timtex, did a double row of stitching to resemble a chocolate bar.  Simple, but effective I think  I love the way the discharge turned out.  With discharge, you never know what you'll get - it depends on the dyes used in the fabric.

 This is Lois B's card - like me, Lois craves chocolate.  She really wants to be slimmer, but the craving usually wins.  I definitely empathize!

Sherry W. craves an English Cottage Garden.  She is working on a real one, but in the meantime created this delightful piece.

Cathy T. made this lovely card depicting a butterfly flying free from flower to flower - she craves that ability to fly free for herself.  Read more about Cathy's cards and process on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment